Bars & wine bars
Tavistock, Devon PL19 0AW
- Tenure: To Let
- Rent: £36,000 p/a
- File Number: CD-10123
- Type: Business Transfer, Commercial Property
- Sector(s): Bars & wine bars, Clubs & Associations, Development, Holiday Accomodation - self catering, Investment, Pubs, Residential, Restaurants
- Ordulph Arms & The Terrace Restaurant
- Prominent Town Centre Location
- 60 Cover bar & 100 Cover first floor restaurant
- 25 Cover Alfesco dining terrace
- 3 One bedroom apartments + 2 studio flats
- EPC Exempt
- Not currently trading - past figures available
A grand stone built property dominating the top end of the popular West Devon Market Town of Tavistock situated at the foothills of Dartmoor National Park.
Tavistock is an ancient stannary (tin-assaying and tin-marketing) town on the south-west edge of Dartmoor National Park, 15 miles north of the maritime city of Plymouth. The name "Tavistock" derives from "Tavy", the River on which the town lies, and "stock" indicating that the town became a prominent agricultural market for the area.
A further part of Tavistock's history is that Britain's great seafarer hero, Sir Francis Drake, just south of Tavistock, in 1542. A statue of him can be seen in the town, on the road to Plymouth, the port from which he set sail to confront and beat the Spanish Armada.
This fine and flourishing town, the largest in West Devon (population approximately 11,000), with its architecture of local stone, wide range of interesting and practical shops, market, riverside park, leisure centre and theatre, is popular with tourists, both to see the town itself and as a base for exploring the surrounding beautiful countryside, the wild Dartmoor scenery.
A historic Grade II listed property, comprising a number of adjoining period properties. In recent years the property has seen significant investment with the addition of The Terrace restaurant. The property incorporates a ground floor public bar, first floor restaurant and lounge bar, outdoor dining terrace and commercial kitchen. The private areas include three 1 bedroom apartments and 2 studio apartments.